Welcome to the International Friendship Center (IFC)!
The International Friendship Center is your “home away from home!” Located in downtown Madison, WI, the IFC is conveniently located for college students and visiting scholars as well as anyone living in the Madison area.
We have so much going on at the IFC. We hope that you can join us throughout the weekdays and weekends!
- Make new friends with Americans and other internationals.
- Join free English classes throughout the week and practice speaking English with native speakers.
- Relax in a comfortable setting and enjoy coffee, tea, or hot chocolate with your friends.
- Participate in fun activities! We have so many special activities, like apple picking, visiting the Wisconsin Governor’s mansion, attending a concert at the capitol square, taking a boat ride on one of Madison’s many lakes, and many more.
- Explore English Bible studies. We would love to learn about your faith and beliefs, and we would love to share our love of Jesus!
Covid-19 Update March 24, 2020
During this time, in-person classes have been canceled. We are working on setting up online classes so that everyone can still be connected, continue practicing English, and also ask any questions you may have during this time. Please feel free to ask for help, and while we may not be the ones to provide the help, we will do everything we can to help connect you to the right people!
We will update the class schedule with the timing of our online classes. If you are interested in joining, please email Judy (email@example.com) in order to get the login information.
We will be using the Zoom app for our online classes.
- You can download this to your phone, table, laptop, or desktop. It’s best if you use something that has a camera, like your phone.
- We really recommend that you use “Gallery View” when using the app! You can see everyone participating in the class. It is a much better experience than the “Active Speaker” layout.
Join the IFC Mailing List
Each month, the IFC will organize 2-3 activities so that you can experience different aspects of Wisconsin and American culture. These activities also provide more opportunities for friendship and English speaking practice. If you would like to receive information about these activities, please add your name, email and information to the IFC Mailing List. You can sign up here at this link.
Or feel free to email Judy Tang and she can help you get signed up!
Find the IFC
You can reach Judy Tang, IFC Director, by phone at (608) 255-7214 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are located right above the UW University Bookstore in the same entrance as Calvary Lutheran Chapel. (Enter through the glass doors of the University Bookstore at the corner of State and Lake Streets, and walk to the top of the stairs.)
The International Friendship Center
701 State Street, Madison, WI 53703
Support Our Ministry
We need your support! In these challenging economic times, we need your financial support to keep the IFC programs going and to provide them free or at cost to our international friends. Please contact Judy to donate, or donate online via PayPal. Thank you!